Monday, April 21, 2008

Haivyn Blog: Ended up at the Hat




I do a lot of these blogs on my personal myspace...I call them journals...on a life of a wanna be rockstar...heres my story

friday april 18th


7:am victorville
As usual my son wakes me up and never lets me sleep in.. I precede to hook him up with eggo waffles and wait for the babysitter..turn on the coffee pot..(sorry wish I could say I woke up and drank beer with 2 strippers to my right and left..but nooo)

1pm east los angeles
a quick run thru of the set..hit the shower wash my nuts...and flat iron my goatee...(now sounding a little more rocker)...throw down a tall can of miller high life...the champagne of beers folks

6pm hollywood park
start driving down century blvd. realize im in a bad part of town...procede to not look anyone in the eye....when we get closer to hollywood park the streets magically get nicer looking and all the sudden everything looks modern...like someone flicked a switch...I now lower my window...we get to the parking lot into the "band load-in area" and find a spot.. over 80 bands playing that nite..lot of bands kicking it by there car throwing down beers..you see some rockabilly types..punker types, emo types...old men 80s rocker brett michaels who shouldn't be on stage types...some rappers....it was insane...lotta hotties too..we follow the crowd and precede to drink in our cars not spending big dough to drink inside (see im getting more rocker..sorta)

8pm inside hollywood park
checking out the bands...its early and as anyone knows who goes to shows..the early bands are put on early for a reason..and its showing....3 levels 9 stages...and not one band intresting..chronic tacos is up in the mix...hot boobie mamas...my antenna is up and aware...it funny cuz there are stages really close together so you see people like zombies floating around from stage to stage.

10:00 parking lot
we get in our car to load up our stuff up this big long narrow ramp that leads to the stages...there letting only one band at a time up it..its fuckin sucking big time as we have to wait....I use my jedi mind trick and get us up it somehow...either that our they found out we were on stage in 20 mins...we have to get up there unload real fast...then go back down the hill and then run back up and get on stage...yea the life of a rockstar ehh

10:40 the stage
finally we hit the stage delayed 20 mins cuz the last band...a rap group..took there time setting up and went over on there time...if u play in a band...u know how common and how motherfucken jacked this is...what this means is becuase those assholes were inconsiderate...you have to pay...as you will be rushed to get on and off...which is what happened...as our set was cut short...we had a solid performance i thought...(which is rare for me to say) we came out loud and ass kicking determind to take out our frustrations of the day and to give the crowd a change up form the el rapo musico...and u see in the picture our singer denise was in the zone...pounding her fist...(she had bruises the next day)...there could have been a little more crowd but the ones there really seemed to dig it..and we were all in the zone and feeling it...it was great

11:15 load out
we had to haul the shitte down the ramp..blah blah i think i talked enough about loading..boring...and fuckin lame...we need roadies!!

1:00am the Hat
as always after a performance..there is either an afterparty and/or late nite unhealthy gorge out on chow...we chose chow as we ate a place called "the Hat" which is famous for pastramis and there chili...I make my own little concoction where i order oinion rings and a side of chili and cheese...and proceed to dumb the chili and cheese on the oinion rings...

2:00 am east LA
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: